Teenage Volunteer Program
At BayCare, your health is our number one priority. In order to reduce the risks of COVID-19, the Summer Teen Volunteer Program may be cancelled. Please continue to check the website for any updates. For timely information about coronavirus, visit BayCare.org/coronavirus.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities at our healthcare facility. Our volunteers serve throughout the hospital.
- Commit to 9 out of 11 summer weeks between June 1, 2020 and August 9, 2020*; 4 hours per week
- Be a student between the ages of fifteen (15) and eighteen (18)
- Applications must be submitted by 4/24/2020
- Be sufficiently mature and poised to work courteously and harmoniously in a completely adult environment
- Be able to work at the hospital a minimum of 4 hours a week
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, church affiliate, etc. (non family member)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA while in the program and be able to provide proof of same
- Attend information session and orientation
*Should this commitment not be met, the teen will be excused for remainder of summer.
Teen applicants will be selected randomly, and notified by telephone. If you are selected, teen and a parent will be expected to attend a
Information Session and Orientation
Tuesday, May 18, 2020 from 5-7pm
TV program requires:
- Parent Consent Form (signed on Teen Volunteer Application)
- Parent/Guardian Consent for TB Screening* (provided at Information Session/Orientation)
- Latest Grade Report (documentation of GPA)
- Letter of Recommendation (usually from a teacher, relatives excluded)
*Parent/Guardian Consent for TB Screening: Parent or Guardian must accompany the teen at the time of the TB Screening and have the completed form with them. TB skin test provided by our Employee Health Office.
Teen Volunteer Uniform:
WHH volunteer polo shirt with the Hospital logo with white, khaki, or navy slacks (no jeans, leggings, etc), white closed toe, low-heeled soft sole shoes. Volunteer polo shirts are sold in the Volunteer Services Office at a cost of $20.00. You must supply your own slacks.
NOTE: Teen program is only open for applications at the beginning of summer each year. This year the applications are available 4/1-4/24/2020.
Volunteer applications and information:
Completed application, letter of recommendation and proof of 3.0 GPA must be submitted by 4/24/2020 to:
Winter Haven Hospital
200 Ave. F, NE
Winter Haven, FL 33881