Mother & Baby Unit
St. Joseph’s Women's Hospital patients will experience family-centered care in rooms that offer the comfort of a home-like setting along with the assurance of having the most advanced equipment available. We have comfortable and private Mother & Baby rooms with attractive décor and furnishings.
Some other highlights to make your stay pleasant include:
- Fathers may visit mother and baby at any time. Family visiting hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but a patient may choose to limit her visitation hours.
- Advanced security for mothers and babies
- A well-baby nursery
- Baby portraits taken on-site
- Obtain a copy of your baby's birth certificate at the hospital
- Lactation support for breast-feeding moms through classes, support groups and the sale or rental of breast pumps
- A rooming-in feature which allows a mother to have the baby in the room with her around the clock. To promote family bonding, we care for mother and infant in the same room.
Having a baby for the first time can bring up a lot of questions. Find out what to expect.
For more information about the obstetrics program or childbirth classes, please call the Women's Health Resource Center at (813) 872-2949.
You may also pre-register for your delivery online.