Rehabilitation Services in Tampa, Florida
St. Joseph's offers a comprehensive Rehabilitation Program to help individuals regain independence and mobility after illness or injury.
Rehabilitation Services to Meet Individual Needs
Not every patient requires the same type of therapy or level of service. A wide scope of services is offered through the Rehabilitation program, from acute inpatient care in the hospital to outpatient rehabilitation therapy several days a week. Therapy treatment plans are individually designed to meet every patient's needs and the therapists develop a close-working relationship with their patients. The Outpatient Rehab Center is a friendly, family-like environment. A post-rehabilitation program is also available through the St. Joseph's Outpatient Rehabilitation Center. Pediatric Rehabilitation is also available at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's offers a number of innovative rehabilitation programs to meet patient's specific needs. These programs include:
- Aphasia Evaluation and Treatment
- Articulation Evaluation and Treatment
- Balance & Vestibular - Therapeutic evaluations and exercises help people regain their mobility and avoid falls
- Biofeedback - Specialized treatment techniques for people with swallowing disorders
- Cancer Rehab - ABLE (Achieving a Balanced Life Through Exercise) is a unique program designed for cancer survivors to provide them with improved strength, fitness, education and overall well-being
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Custom Splinting
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) Evaluation and Treatment
- Extended rehab - Post-rehab exercise program
- Free Yoga Classes for cancer patients
- Hand Therapy - Experienced therapists can help people increase use of their hands and reduce pain after surgery or illnesses such as arthritis
- Kinesiotaping - an application of a medical grade, latex-free tape to help reduce swelling, facilitate or inhibit a muscle, support a structure, or direct lymphatic flow, which is applied by a Certified Kinesiotape Practitioner (CKTP)
- L-Dex - Assessment for risk of Lymphedema
- Lymphedema - Specialized therapists educate patients on the prevention of lymphedema and provide Complete Decongestive Therapy for lymphedema management.
- Manual Therapy - Certified Manual Therapists that specialize in evaluation and treatment of soft tissue and joint dysfunction
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Pregnancy and Postpartum - Evaluations and recommendations for women experiencing discomfort
- Post Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
- Post Spinal Surgery Rehabilitation
- Prosthetic/Orthotic Training
- Seating and Positioning Clinic
- Sports Medicine - Skilled sports medicine specialists can help both professional and non-professional athletes recover faster from recreational activity injuries such as tennis, running and skiing
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Urinary Incontinence - Dynamic approach for treatment of urinary incontinence using biofeedback and a specialized exercise program
LSVT BIG and LOUD Parkinson’s Program at St. Joseph’s Hospital
We appreciate your interest in this evidence-based treatment protocol for Adults with Parkinson’s disease and other similar neurological conditions.
An LSVT Certified Physical Therapist and/or Speech and Language Pathologist will provide you with a research-based exercise approach developed over the last 20 years.
LSVT BIG has documented improved ratings on test of motor functioning showing improvements on faster walking and bigger steps, improved balance, improved trunk rotation, and gross and fine motor functioning. These exercises will decrease the risk for falls and increase independence with ADL’s.
LSVT LOUD improves vocal loudness, intonation, voice quality and the function of the speech mechanism by addressing the functioning of your vocal muscles, breath support and muscles of speech production. This program improves breathing, swallowing and the clarity of the speech.
LSVT BIG and LOUD have standardized protocols, individual sessions and daily homework practice.
A highly skilled and experienced rehabilitation team includes many different health care professionals, each specializing in specific skills that help people achieve their maximum level of ability in order to return to a satisfactory quality of life.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech Therapists
- Certified Hand Therapists
- Certified Manual Therapists
- Certified Athletic Trainers
- Certified Lymphedema Therapists
- Certified Ergonomics Specialist
- Certified Vestibular, Balance and Dizziness Therapists
Locations & Phone Numbers
Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
3003 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Medical Arts Building, 2nd floor
Tampa, FL 33607
To schedule an appointment, call (813) 870-4877 and choose option 1.
St. Joseph’s Physical Therapy and Sports Rehabilitation
310 S. MacDill
Tampa, FL 33609
To schedule an appointment, call (813) 605-5834.
Learn more about rehabilitation services at BayCare.