Congratulations on your new arrival!
Motherhood is an incredible adventure, and your labor and delivery is just the beginning. No matter where you are in your journey, we want you to know that our staff is here for you every step of the way. Whether you are looking for a family doctor, pregnancy health care or other services, our expert medical staff includes a variety of providers who will be able to help you and your growing family with their healthcare needs.
Accommodations & Amenities
Our innovative experience is designed to make patients and visitors as comfortable as possible during their stay.. We have private, spacious labor and delivery rooms equipped with:
- Labor beds that have multiple positions specially designed for comfort during delivery
- Showers specially designed for use during labor
- Innovative infant warmers that quickly distribute warmth through a recessed heater while also serving as an in-bed scale
- Couches that double as beds, so mom’s partner can rest with her while she labors
- TVs that double as computers, with already established connections to the Internet, so you can upload photos of your new little one as soon as you are ready
- The paint color in the rooms is a hue designed for flash photography so that your baby portraits will look perfect
Our New NICU
A level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is open at St. Joseph’s Hospital-South. The 10-bed unit, gives newborns and their moms specialized, around-the-clock care from highly trained neonatologists, obstetric and pediatric hospitalists and board-certified maternal fetal medicine physicians and certified nurses.
This family centered NICU provides individualized care and a comforting environment for the whole family. Moms can stay in the baby’s room during their stay, and all the specialized care needed is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In the event that your baby needs an even higher-level care, we can transport them to our level IV NICU at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital.