What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy provides skilled treatment to help individuals achieve maximum independence in the areas of leisure, work and self-care. Our certified hand therapists promote the goals of preventing dysfunctions and restoring hand function to enhance participation at home and at work. Our occupational therapy services include:
- Range of movement and strengthening
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Neuromuscular facilitation
- Sensory re-education/desensitization
- Home exercise instruction
- Scar management
- Edema control
- ADL training
- Adaptive equipment instruction
- Hot/cold pack
- Electrical stimulation
- Education on ergonomics, energy conservation
Occupational Therapy services offers one-on-one sessions and home visits with licensed professional therapists to help you maximize independence and safety in daily living in the areas of leisure, work and self-care. Assessments and daily skills training are only a few of the valuable services we offer.
- Certified hand specialist - Hand therapy treatment includes functional, protective, and restorative splinting; joint and soft tissue mobilization; and strengthening and functional activities, along with home exercise instruction.
- Customized splinting (static and dynamic)
- Ergonomic evaluations