Awards & Recognition
Morton Plant Hospital is proud of its many achievements, including:
- First in the Tampa Bay area to perform Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, a minimally invasive procedure for severe aortic stenosis.
- Our Comprehensive Breast Program is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. This achievement means Morton Plant Hospital has demonstrated a firm commitment to offering its patients every significant advantage in their battle against breast disease. We are the first hospital in the Tampa Bay area to receive this accreditation.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) awarded Morton Plant Hospital's heart surgery program its prestigious overall three-star rating, the highest designation given to hospitals by STS.
- First in Florida to receive an American College of Radiology accreditation in radiation therapy.
- Morton Plant Hospital has achieved recognition as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital, designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, for its positive practice environments where nurses excel. As a Pathway to Excellence hospital, Morton Plant successfully met 12 practice standards essential to an ideal nursing practice environment. For more information on Pathway to Excellence and what it means for our patients and nurses, visit https://www.nursingworld.org/organizational-programs/pathway/.
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognizes Morton Plant Hospital for achieving the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke GOLD PLUS award. Hospitals receiving Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus Achievement Award have reached an aggressive goal of treating stroke patients with 85 percent or higher compliance to core standard levels of care as outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for 24 consecutive months. In addition, Morton Plant Hospital has demonstrated achieving "Time to Intravenous Thrombolytic Therapy ≤ 60 minutes in 50 percent or more of applicable acute ischemic stroke patients to improve quality of patient care and outcomes."
For more information about Morton Plant Hospital, please call (727) 462-7000.
Morton Plant Hospital
300 Pinellas Street
Clearwater, FL 33756