Heart and Vascular Services in Safety Harbor, Florida
Conveniently located in northern Pinellas County, the Mease Countryside Hospital Emergency Cardiac Center specializes in performing emergency percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs) to patients experiencing the most critical type of heart attack - an ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Caused by a completely blocked coronary artery, a STEMI must be treated within 90 minutes of the attack's onset to avoid permanent heart damage. Mease Countryside Hospital began providing emergency PCIs, also known as angioplasties, in the fall of 2007. Since then, hundreds of these minimally invasive, non-surgical procedures have been performed. Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and Cardiovascular Health Improvement program is nationally certified by the American Association of Cardio-Vascular Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) and is one of the largest in Pinellas County.
Recently, we expanded our cardiology services to include elective angioplasty, making it easier for patients to get the heart care they need close to home. Elective angioplasty is considered the "standard of care" for the treatment of cardiac disease and the prevention of possible heart damage.
Newly Redesigned Cardiology Department
All our interventional procedures and scheduled diagnostic exams take place in our newly redesigned cardiology department, which features:
- All-digital cardiac catheterization labs recently expanded to include a third lab featuring an advanced therapy platform with new technology that continues to elevate patient safety
- Cardiac stress testing lab that includes nuclear medicine testing
- Electrocardiograms and Echocardiograms (EKG/ECHO) Unit to test for heart abnormalities
- 16-bed pre- and post-procedural area fully staffed with nurses with critical care and emergency department experience
- Family waiting area that includes a separate consultation room to allow physicians to speak privately with patient families
For patients whose cardiac conditions necessitate open heart surgery, easy transfer to Morgan Heart Hospital at Morton Plant is arranged. From the new transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedure to coronary artery bypass surgery to off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery, Morgan Heart Hospital’s expert team of cardiovascular surgeons pave the way in heart surgery.
Learn more about cardiac and vascular services at Mease Countryside Hospital.
Learn more about heart and vascular services at BayCare.
For more information or a physician referral, call (855) 233-0888 or find a doctor near you.