Your spiritual and emotional well-being are important to us. Chaplains are available to visit, talk and/or pray with you. Duncan Chapel, located on the main floor, off of the Fleming Lobby, is a place where people of all faiths can come for quiet reflection and personal prayer. Chaplain Services can be reached through the hospital operator or by calling (727) 725-6351.
Your Hospital Chaplain
Your hospital chaplain has specialized education and training to serve the emotional, spiritual and religious needs of persons of all faith traditions, including those without specific affiliations. Through caring, compassion and non-judgmental listening, the chaplain provides spiritual care in a variety of situations at the hospital while respecting privacy and protecting confidentiality. Moreover, the chaplain offers comfort, strength and hope while respecting each person’s religious background and spiritual beliefs.
There are many caring chaplain services available to you free of charge while you are in the hospital:
- Crisis or emergency response available 24/7
- Assistance with care concerns and difficult decisions
- Assistance with spiritual or religious requests and prayer
- Assistance in contacting your pastor or religious leader
- Grief support and follow up
- Volunteer visits
- Hospital chapel is open 24/7 for prayer and reflection
- Call a chaplain whenever you need a supportive presence, prayer or spiritual and religious guidance.