Community Health Needs
Identifying Health Needs, Finding Solutions - Mease Countryside Hospital
As a leading community-based health system in the greater Tampa Bay area, BayCare Health System is committed to meeting the wide-ranging health needs of our neighbors in every community we serve. As part of that commitment, BayCare conducts a comprehensive Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) every three years to identify the most significant health needs across our region and develop strategies for addressing them. A collaborative process is used to develop the assessments (and implementation plans) integrating extensive data analysis, community member feedback and in working with community organizations that share our commitment.
For each facility's community, the following are available:
- Mease Countryside Hospital 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment (large file download - please be patient)
- Community Health Needs Implementation Plans - Pinellas County (Effective 2020-2022)
- Previous Community Health Needs Assessment Report
What you will find when reviewing the 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment:
- The introduction section of the report acknowledges the collaborative work with the Florida Department of Health and other not-for-profit hospitals in conducting the CHNA as well as provides an overview of the community impact from the previous CHNA.
- The Approach section provides an overview on how the assessment was conducted.
- Demographic information on the population served, an overview of disparities found, as well as a list of prioritized and non-prioritized health needs and the ability to impact those needs can be found in the Community Health Needs section of the report.
- Detailed methodology and data scoring tables, the community survey and key informant questions, as well as a list of organizations involved in the 2019 CHNA process is available for your review in the Appendices.
Opportunity to Provide Community Feedback
If you have questions, comments or feedback about this study, please email us.