Bartow Regional Medical Center is dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals living with diabetes through high-quality, comprehensive care and education. Our self-management program provides individuals with the skills and knowledge they need to manage the disease and avoid complications.
We provide care and education for type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes, prediabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia through a full range of services, including:
- Assessments to determine individual needs
- Blood-sugar testing
- Individual training for insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring
- Nutritional counseling, including meal planning and weight management assistance
- Wound healing services
- Diabetes education to promote healthy living
Learning how to manage your diabetes effectively is the key to staying healthy, so an important part of our care is ensuring you have the tools and skills you need to avoid complications. Bartow Regional Medical Center’s doctors, nurse educators, dietitians and other diabetes care professionals provide valuable education and information to help you manage your health.
Our educational program covers:
- Types of diabetes, complications, and effective management techniques
- Nutrition for diabetes, including meal planning, tips for dining out and understanding food labels
- Problem solving and coping skills
- How to reduce complications and improve overall health, including information on exercise and weight control
- Diabetes medications and devices
- Helpful diabetes resources, including community offerings and more
Learn more about diabetes services at BayCare.
For more information or a physician referral, call (863) 280-6077.